What Is Scripped All About?We Make It Easier for You to Write Your Screenplay
Scripped Writer, our flagship product, is a Web-based software solution for screenwriters. Scripped Writer allows you to format your scripts to industry standards without having to download software to your computer. Access your scripts from anywhere, at anytime with any computer and an Internet connection.We Give You Opportunities to Succeed with Producers and Brands
Scripped runs monthly contests on behalf of producers and brands, which will enable you to get your work shown to people that matter. We have already run contests for Heroes star Dawn Olivieri (through Girl2watch.com), Alex Albrecht, award-winning screenwriter Steven de Souza, and Sundance Winner Edward Burns.We Believe that Great Writers Come From All Parts of the World
With over 65,000 writers using Scripped Writer from over 100 countries, we are true believers that screenwriting is an international phenomenon. Everyone has a great screenplay and we want you to write it on Scripped.
Who Runs the Show Around Here?
Sunil Rajaraman, CEO
Sunil is Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Scripped.com. Sunil holds a MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management, where he took several courses in screenwriting and film. He also has worked in mergers and acquisitions, management consulting, and even a little stint in a recruiting company. Sunil enjoys Belgian beers at La Trappe, his favorite San Francisco watering hole.
Ryan Buckley, CXO
Ryan Buckley is Co-founder and Chief "Everything Else" Officer of Scripped.com. Ryan holds a MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management which makes him just techy enough to run our website and a Master's degree from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government which helps us with our lobbying efforts. Finally, an undergrad econ degree from UC Berkeley makes him a fine bookkeeper. Indeed, Ryan is Scripped's jack of all trades.
Johnathan Carr, Director of Community Relations
Johnathan Carr is a filmmaker, screenwriter and your friendly neighborhood Customer Support on Scripped. He studied filmmaking at Emerson College in his hometown of Boston and has written, produced and directed four feature-length digital films as well as over a hundred shorts from all sides of the camera and is just warming up. See some of his work at theMfish.com.
Zachary Freer, Director of Industry and Product Design
Zachary Freer is Co-Founder of Scripped.com. Zachary is an award winning writer/filmmaker and graduate of the Peter Stark Producing Program at the USC School of Cinema & Television. He has extensive experience in product development & design and motion picture production. His greatest hope is that Scripped will give inspiration and support to the masses of creative talent and unknown voices around the world.
Who Advises the Scripped Guys?
Mr. Burns is an award-winning actor, film producer, writer and director and has been an adviser to Scripped since 2009.
Steven de Souza
Mr. de Souza is a producer, director and screenwriter. He is among a handful of screenwriters whose films have earned over two billion dollars at the worldwide box office and began advising Scripped in 2010.
Greg Gibson is an entrepreneur / technologist that has founded and/or served on the founding management team of several internet companies, including Viximo, Helium.com, Cartera Commerce and others, which have collectively raised over $50 million in venture capital. He began advising Scripped in 2009.
Mr. Richman is a recognized industry leader and CEO of Break Media, one of the most successful video websites on the Internet. Mr. Richman has advised Scripped since 2009.
Mr. Williams is a Digital Media & Connected Home executive, currently serving as the Chief Marketing Officer for 4HomeMedia (acquired by Motorola in Dec 2010). He began his entertainment career as an agent trainee at tenpercentary William Morris. He began advising Scripped in 2009.
A Brief History of Scripped
- August 15, 2006,Ryan gets a text from Sunil: "I have THE idea that will make us rich." We are still waiting for this idea.
- September 2, 2006,Sunil begins at UCLA and Ryan goes to Harvard. Zak, the USC-grad screenwriter, plogs along in his web design job.
- July 7, 2007,Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP help us become Scripped, Inc., a Delaware Corporation headquartered at Sunil's parents' house.
- October 18, 2007,The first iteration of Scripped Writer is live for beta testing at Scripped.com
- November 22, 2007,The first investment capital comes into Scripped. An uncle, a stepmom, and a father become the first holders of Scripped stock
- January 2, 2008,Private beta ends and public beta begins! Our first happy customers start writing scripts.
- March 3, 2008,The first 1,000 registrations are on Scripped.
- April 1, 2008,Scripped gets a huge boost from Script Frenzy. More users, more fun, more investment, and more new features.
- July 1, 2008,Scripped makes a new friend, Josh Smith, who eventually becomes CTO. First he starts on retainer to build Scripped Vault and Scripped Creative Support.
- June 1, 2008,Sunil gets an MBA from UCLA.
- July 7, 2008,Scripped turns 1 year old.
- October 24, 2008,Scripped is accepted by the MIT Venture Mentorship Service. Starting to feel good.
- March 10, 2009,A little more financing from our first outside angel.
- June 6, 2009,Ryan gets two Master's degrees and moves back to California. The founding team gets reunited once again.
- August 28, 2009,Our first real paid services are released: contests and Pro subscriptions. Foundations set to become a real company.
- September 23, 2009,The first contact goes out to Zhura.com, a fantastic website with a really really great screenwriting app. We're jealous.
- December 13, 2009,It is decided that Scripped and Zhura should combine together and build even better resources for screenwriters. Hollywood rejoices.
- February 22, 2010,The deal closes. Scripped and Zhura are merged and Scripped keeps its name. A silent integration begins.
- March 29, 2010,A new and far improved Scripped.com relaunches with 65,000 screenwriters.
- April 1, 2010,Scripped launches its best contest yet: a feature length script competition for Edward Burns, along with a Script Frenzy sponsorship.
- June 2, 2010,Scripped is joined by two interns, Dor Rubin and Josh Palmer, the latter of whom gets an early promotion to head the engineering squad.
- July 31, 2010,Dor heads back to the University of Florida. The Scripped Guys show him a fine time in the Mission.
- November 4, 2010,Sunil hosts Edward Burns and the SF Film Society at a fantastic panel and screening in a famous old movie theater in San Francisco.
- October 15, 2010,A fun idea gets hatched - let's compile a bunch of stories about Twitter. A very cool contest begins.
- December 8, 2010,Over beers it comes up that Scripped should have a day dedicated by the City of San Francisco. A few days later, it comes true.
- December 29, 2010,It's officially Scripped.com Day in San Francisco!